How to Report Abuse
INDIANA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT HOTLINEPhone: 1-800-800-5556 or 1-877-433-0138
Email: [email protected]
When making a report, this is the information you need to be prepared to supply to the hotline, or detail in the e-mail or fax:
- Name of the child(ren) and family members
- Allegations (be specific as to the behavior or evidence seen)
- Information regarding the home:
- Is there domestic violence in the home? How has this impaired the parent's ability to care for or provide a safe environment for their child(ren)?
- Is there substance use in the home? How has this impaired the parent's ability to care for or provide a safe environment for their child(ren)?
- Are there pets in the home?
- Conditions of the home? Provide examples of what was seen, dirty floors, unsafe clutter, feces, mold, etc.
- Are there mental health issues for any family member? Describe behaviors exhibited and how child(ren) are impacted.